This class uses the seven traits of effective writing to help you improve your own work and the writing of those whom you manage. The traits help you diagnose problems and apply specific strategies to remedy them. The traits also give you and your colleagues a common language for discussing writing.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Use the seven traits to improve your writing.
- Prepare effective executive documents that use plain language and achieve the results you want.
- Diagnose problems, make improvements, and foster writing that is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
- Effectively manage the writing tasks of others.
- Use resources to continually improve writing, revising, and editing skills.
This course includes:
- Meyer, V., Sebranek, P., & Van Rys, J. (2012). Management-Writing (Participant Guide). Burlington, WI: UpWrite Press.
- Meyer, V., Sebranek, P., & Van Rys, J. (2012). Business Writing (Job Aid). Burlington, WI: UpWrite Press.
- Meyer, V., Sebranek, P., & Van Rys, J. (2011). Write for Business (Handbook). Burlington, WI: UpWrite Press.