This class will help you think critically about any issue you encounter in the workplace. You’ll gain practical tools for analyzing, evaluating, and improving services, products, and processes. You’ll sharpen your logical abilities and avoid faulty logic. You’ll also learn strategies for improving the thinking that happens in meetings and work groups.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Use critical thinking daily to succeed on the job.
- Eliminate mechanical thinking and manage emotional thinking.
- Enhance memory of names, decisions, and details.
- Work to deeper and deeper levels of thinking using Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Quickly grasp new concepts and apply them to solve problems on the job.
- Use thought tools to analyze, evaluate, and improve products, services, and procedures.
- Work with graphic organizers, traits, and SCAMPER.
- Build arguments deductively or inductively to get a point across.
- Identify and eliminate errors in logic.
- Help teams stop “groupthink” and think critically as they make decisions.
- Improve the thinking done in groups and on teams at work.
This course includes:
- King, R., Erickson, C., & Sebranek, J. (2012). Critical Thinking (Participant Guide).
- King, R., Erickson, C., & Sebranek, J. (2012). Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (Job Aid).